- They met at Spruce Grove Composite High School and their similar interests
have kept them friends since.
Both Pats & Jan are mothers and both own their own business, Pats a cleaning company and Jan a dayhome.
- They entered the children's entertainment industry in 1995 doing some
face painting balloon tying and general clowning around for a company called
Scheme a Dream.
- Thinking that it was a lot of fun they put together a Duo and performed
for places like the Valley Zoo, Fort Edmonton and volunteered at the Lurena
shelter playing games and singing traditional children's songs. Jan took
it one step farther and got into doing some improve character-singing telegrams.
(Jane of Jungle Nerdy bag lady and Fifi the French maid to name a few).
Pats musical talent and guitar playing have led her to writing a variety
of her own original music with her side kick Jan singing and playing kazoo
and jaw harp.
- Pats and Jan have assisted Brian Gregg hosting a folk open stage
at the Little Flower School (Rossdale Community League) every Wednesday
night for the past five thousand years, which is where the "Little Flower Band"
- Brian Gregg plays lead guitar; Gary Bowman plays piano, accordion and
vocals, John Towill plays bass, Sue Bowring plays percussion and vocals
and Ken Marsh plays percussion and drums.
- Thanks to some great family support they were able to produce the Pats
& Jan and The Little Flower band CD " ROAD TRIP "
- Pats and Jan's album "Road Trip" was nominated for the Prairie
Music Awards in September of 2001