VW Vanagon racks and ladders. Carriers for tires, gas
cans, jacks and bikes
Gary Lee 403 272-7284
Vanagon racks and carriers
Front Bike Rack
- Carry two bikes on the front of your Vanagon
- Two round load bars plug into receivers bolted to
your van, under the bumper. Bike carriers are mounted to the load
- 'Both Wheels On' type bike carriers fit best
on this rack. The bikes can be centered on the front of the van.
Fork mount carriers
- This system allows you to carry any kind of bike
frame style, regardless of frame shape. Full suspension and disc brake
be carried with 'both wheels on' type bike carriers. Also,
there is no need to find a place to carry the front wheel, as with fork
- Bike carriers are not included. Thule carriers
are shown in the below pictures but Yakima also work well.
- Bike load bars unplug from the van when not needed.
Bike carriers can remain mounted to the load bars.
- All parts are coated in a durable high quality powder
- Will not fit on air cooled vans.
- Vans with the original fiberglass front bumpers will
require using a hole saw to make a hole for the bike bar in the air dam.
- If you have aftermarket bumpers, they may or may not
require modification. You may be able to tell by referring to the pictures
on my web site. Or you can ask me.
- The bike carrier brackets may not conform exactly to
the shape of your van. Manufacturing tolerances may not have been that
consistent for these vans back then. Just bend the brackets, and bolt up
Vanagon Front Bike Rack $295 +
about $39 shipping.
For users of Yakima Bike carriers
Page two of pictures