MARY'S GENEALOGY TREASURES
THE ARTICLES OF FAITH
Of The Church of Jesus Christ of
History of the Church, Vol. 4, pp. 535-541
- WE BELIEVE in God, the Eternal Father, and in His
Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.
- WE BELIEVE that men will be punished for their own
sins, and not for Adam's transgression.
- WE BELIEVE that through the Atonement of Christ,
all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws
and ordinances of the Gospel.
- WE BELIEVE that the first principles and
ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the
Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third,
Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins;
fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy
- WE BELIEVE that a man must be called of God,
by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands, by those
who are in authority to preach the Gospel and
administer in the ordinances thereof.
- WE BELIEVE in the same organization that existed
in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets,
pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.
- WE BELIEVE in the gift of tongues, prophecy,
revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of
tongues, and so forth.
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the word of God
as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe
the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.
- WE BELIEVE all that God has revealed, all that
He does now reveal, and we believe that He will
yet reveal many great and important things
pertaining to the Kingdom of God.
- WE BELIEVE in the literal gathering of Israel and
in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion will be
built upon this (the American) continent; that Christ
will reign personally upon the earth, and, that the
earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal
- WE CLAIM the privilege of worshiping Almighty
God according to dictates of our own conscience,
and allow all men the same privilege, let them
worship how, where, or what they may.
- WE BELIEVE in being subject to kings, presidents,
rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and
sustaining the law.
- WE BELIEVE in being honest, true, chaste,
benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men;
indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of
Paul - We believe all things, we hope all things,
we have endured many things, and hope to be able
to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous,
lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek
after these things.
Copyright © 2000