In March 1913 Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Bischoff and their two sons left North Dakota and crossed the border at North Portal going to Calgary, then branching off to Longview where they had located a farm known as the Munsey place and lived there till 1920 farming and ranching. The first Canadian inhabitant they saw when they crossed the border was a man pushing his head out of the ground, which was his home. The Bischoffs were the first to install a windmill which brought many people to see it. They fed many Indians. Mr. and Mrs. Bischoff spent the winters in Vancouver and their sons batched at the ranch; they sold out in the spring of 1920 and retired to Vancouver.
Phil was married. They ranched at Big Valley for 8 years then moved into Stettler. Phil passed on at Stettler in 1959.
Mr. and Mrs. Bischoff have both passed away.
Return Individual Histories
Copyright © 2000