The United Farmers of Alberta, that is the U. F. A., was a organization of farmers, created to unify this group of workmen. Seven Persons had many members at one time. It became a political party and as such served in the Alberta Legislature from 1921 until 1935, when the Social Credit Party came into power.
A community hall was built on the west side of the village for the association's meetings. For some years this community centre was popular. Lectures, play productions, concerts, dances, box socials, card parties and similar types of entertainment were enjoyed here. The hall boasted a stage and a small kitchen and a dressing room. The building appeared unpainted. But descending depression years caused an evacuation of the supporters and the hall was used no more. For numerous years it stood vacant. In the 1940's it was moved to the McArthur School District, north-west of town to be used as a school classroom.
Return Seven Persons
Return AB Cities, Towns, Villiages