Born in England, Albert came to Peterborough, Ontario, Canada before moving west to Cardston with his father and sister Grace in 1904.
He and his father built a maternity hospital in North Lethbridge (239-15th St. North) which was operated by his sister Grace. It opened July 15, 1909. The family lived in a small house next door. Albert bought a farm in White District, (the old Coupland place) as well as a portion of land lying south of the railway. There he built a feed lot and fed sheep and cattle. Land locations NW 1/4 13-8-21-4 and SW 1/424-8-21-4).
Grace Dainty never married, and on her death left a bequest to St. Mary's Church which was used for the construction of a new parish hall.
Return to Individual Histories