William came to Lethbridge from Kingston, Ontario in 1888. He leased a livery stable from W.D. (Curly) Whitney from 1894 to 1897. McAdoo was later in partnership with Billy Morris, and later Charles Van Horne. The name of the firm was the City Cartage Co. and their business involved coal hauling, ice delivery, and water delivery before the water system was built. Later on McAdoo and Van Horne had a house moving business. They also became partners in a farm operation in the White District.
Return Pioneer Histories