Mr. and Mrs. McBeath came to Canada from Scotland in 1923 and made their home in the Wilson Siding district. They farmed here until 1932 when the family bought land near Turin.
In 1942 Mr. McBeath got a job with the Alberta Government on the Special Areas Committee. He stayed working for the government until 1959 when he retired to Lethbridge. Mrs. McBeath died in 1960 and John died in 1989.
There were eleven children in the family. The older children attended Wilson School. Two of the McBeath children have passed away - William in 1974, and Jack in 1995. Two sons served overseas during World War ll. The McBeadi family were musical and loved to dance the Scottish dances, especially the Call O' the Pipes, and often entertained at country dances (from the 'Coyote Flats' history book.)
Return Pioneer Histories