The Job Reed family had come to Lethbridge in 1886 and he built a small house and had a five acre garden on sixth avenue south in Lethbridge. In 1890 he built a stone house designed as a duplex which still stands at 1252-54 6 Avenue South. When Gwatkins arrived in the district, Job Reed built their first house. In 1906 Job Reed purchased Edgehill Farm but died before his family moved there. Trees on the farm were oak brought from England (their native land). His wife, Mary, lived on the farm until renting it to the Sniders when she moved to Kelowna B.C., to live with her daughter. She died there in 1932.
Return Pioneer Histories