The W. O. Millers ran a small store in Rinard district. Some people of that area received mail in Whiskey Gap, and some in Del Bonita. As Mrs. Miller was opposed to the use of liquor, she didn't like to send or receive mail at Whiskey Gap address.
This among other factors such as distance, led to the establishment of Rinard Post Office in the electoral district of Lethbridge. The Post Office was established 1 March 1924, located SW-17-1-22-W4 with Mrs. R. J. Miller as Postmaster.
The following is a list of postmasters who served the post office.
Name of postmaster...Location........Date of service
Mrs. R. J. Miller.......SW-17-1-22-W4....1-2-1924 to 12-10-1925
Mrs. Pearl Curtis......NE-7-1-22-W4.......7-12-1925 to 8-4-1927
George D. Minion.....SE-18-1-22-W4......27-5-1927 to 21-4-1928
Clarence Jensen.......SE-18--1-22-W4....14-9-1928 to 7-12-1929
Following closure of the post office the patrons were transferred to Del Bonita.
Return to Ghost Towns