Dominic born March 17, 1887 - Died October 24, 1973. Isabella born September 19, 1891 - Died April 7, 1969.
Dominic and Isabella (nee Ross) were married on February 7, 1910 in Guelph, Ontario and came west in 1911. Dominic first came west in 1905. They came first to Lethbridge and built a brick store (which still stands) on 9th Avenue, North, the location then known as No. 3.
A few years later they moved first to Wigan and then to Coalhurst where they opened a general Store. The store was known as the Coalhurst Meat Market and Grocery Store, which also had a Hardware and Furniture department. Dominic also operated the Coalhurst Garage situated directly across from the store and a Bulk Oil and Gas Warehouse near the Ellison Mills Elevator. Their home was located next to their store on main street. Deliveries of meat, groceries and other products were made for many years by horse and wagon and in later years by truck.
Dominic served as mayor of Coalhurst for several terms and was also a Trustee on the School Board.
Dominic and Isabelia had two sons.
Dominic had a farm south of and adjacent to the mine property. He purchased some of the mine property after the close of operations of the mine and farmed both lands until he sold them in the mid forties.
After closure of the mine, Dominic and Isabella moved to Lethbridge where he became a contractor, and from 1942 until he retired in 1957 he built many homes.
Return Pioneer Histories
Home Email Canada Databases England Ethnic/Religious FamilySearch.org Ireland/No.Ireland
L.D.S. Websites Research Helps Scotland United States Wales World Databases
Copyright © 2000