Project Leadership, Planning, and Problem-Solving
- Demonstrated effective leadership on ten major projects. They ranged from graphical mainframe configuration management, digital audio research, and real-time signal processing, through geological and engineering applications, to production accounting.
- Estimated, scheduled, and monitored progress on nine major projects. Eight of the nine were on time and on budget, and the ninth required a single reschedule. The largest project involved ten persons and eight effort years.
- Supervisory and assistant manager experience, including hiring.
- Demonstrates calm and competent planning and leadership in hobby activities.
- Analysed, designed, and programmed extensively on all major projects.
- Designed and programmed dozens of smaller projects ranging from a Lisp interpreter through custom data
base applications to seismic routines and encryption modules.
- Wrote documentation for all projects.
- Collaborated with electronics engineers to design and test custom hardware.
Data Base Analysis and Development
- Conducted the data analysis, design, and development for nine major projects and a number of minor
projects. Created three proprietary data storage designs.
- Served occasionally as data base administrator.
- Developed a data base guidelines manual for programmers and analysts.
- Recommended action to management for four existing engineering and production accounting systems.
- Conducted an organisation and data flow analysis of the Production Department of a major oil and gas
- Worked on a major proposal for a computer game start-up.
- Completed several small feasibility studies.
- Excellent oral and written skills, including listening and public speaking.
- Instructed in project estimating and scheduling, data base analysis and design, systems analysis, and
Work History Summary
1983 - Present System and Software Consultant
- (clients include U of C Sport Medicine, DartCart, Beta Systems Canada, Thorntree Software, Archer Communications,
Canterra Energy, Alberta Wheat Pool, and Teknica Resource Development)
2000 - 2002 Game Designer / Architect
- (created a board game; wrote scenario material for a role playing game; was a principal in a
potential online computer game start-up venture)
- 1976 - 1982 Union Oil Company