Bit About the Carver
I am a retired Alberta Registered Professional Forester.
I have been a Forest Officer, Timber Auditor and a Forest Technology instructor at
the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. I have been retired on a disability
pension since 1991. I enjoy my carving and occasional teaching of carving classes.
Working and playing with this computer takes a lot out of my carving time.
are a few brief notes of carving information:
- Started wood carving in 1978.
- Started bark carving in 1981.
as the Canadian pioneer of bark carving and bark carving instruction.
- Was one of four Alberta artists chosen to demonstrate and
display their work at the 1986 World's Fair in the Alberta pavilion . This
was a province wide competition and Tony was happy to spend two weeks carving and
talking in the main entrance of the pavillion.
- One of the early members of the Northern Alberta Wood carvers
Association, he was the second president and was the main force behind the first
- Have written and self published a carving book.
- Have done a video on bark carving.
- Have instructed hundreds of students in different carving
classes since the mid 1980's.
- Am an award winning wood carver, now compete in the open
- Founding Father of the annual Alberta Rocky Mountain Carving
Seminar. This week of Carver's Heaven is now held during early August at the campus
of Red Deer College in central Alberta.
- One of the founding members of Studio 28, a local art group.
Back to Wispy's World of Carving, Home Page